West County Equipment is a growing rental business in Western Massachusetts seeking a Yard Worker.
The Yard Worker is responsible for the stationing and retrieving equipment on the location's property. The Yard Worker also inspects and cleans equipment prior to and after rental to document any lost and/or damaged equipment. The role maintains a written report and may service equipment as necessary to ensure equipment meets all set specifications.
Education or experience that prepares you for success:
• High school diploma or GED preferred
• Experience with common construction and industrial tools preferred
• Some experience and/or training in repair of mechanical equipment preferred
Related experience may include: Yard Hand, Entry Level Mechanic, Mechanic Trainee, Construction Laborer, Wash-bay Attendant, Equipment Washer.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities you may rely on
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers (written and oral)
• Ability to perform basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
• General mechanical aptitude
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
What's in it for you?
A benefits package which includes medical, 401(k), paid time off, training and development, and career growth opportunities.